DEC. 20. Anybody want to help a refugee family with a Christmas gift? We don't give cash handouts, but we create jobs so needy folks can 'own' their positive, financial destiny. Name the country, and we'll give you names of refugees here in Atlanta from that country, and specific prayer needs. For starters, we have folks from Rwanda, Ethiopia, Burma, S. Sudan, Congo, Iran, and Iraq with major needs right now. IF all you have is a few loaves and fish to share, the true God of heaven and earth can easily feed ten thou with His one and only power. Routine for Him.
July 2. Pray for tree-cutters who are coming to our front yard this Thurs. the 7th at 8:30 a.m. (East Coast time). We have a diseased tree that is leaning over our house. Groan. UPDATE: A crew of Hispanic men got it down, no prob. Gutsy guys.
May 5, 2016
We're moving n shaking, prepping for summer ministries. Looking for scholarships for 4 faithful young people:
1. Monica (Chile), "A" and "F" from Iran; ages 29,16,16; to be trained at Proskuneo's Worship Institute; to be worship leaders; (250 dollars a week). July 2 update: Monica attended LEI's ILTI for two weeks, and is helping out at Dallas YWAM now. We were able to enroll two new Mbb's from Iran at the PWI starting tomor, PTL!!!!
2. Zaida (Honduras); age 12. To attend two months of summer camp; total is 250 dollars,inclu lunch. UPdate: she just attended one week, along with a dozen other young folks that we were able to sponsor at just 25 dollars a week. Fabulous job, Proskuneo "Josh" and team.
Oct. 31. Whoa, long time no stuff on this page. God has provided wonderfully of course, but "sorry" for cheating you out of a blessing if you wanted to give, but didn't have know our specific 'vision' needed help from others.
Well, I've got one. I would love to get to the Philippines in the next months to assist in various ministries which we have served in the past. This includes:
1. Deaf Ministries Int'l, a residential ministry that provides wholistic care for about 95 young people;
2. The DSWD gov't shelter for young girls and abused women. We started serving there back in 2001 and have seen over 100 dear friends there come to Christ.
So, if you're on this page before Nov. 3rd (my deadline to decide), pls prayerfully consider helping with travel funds ($2000.) or a Christmas meal for some of these beautiful people. Pls call (770.369.4799) or email email@example.com asap if you are able/willing. In Jesus name.
Financial Partnership; (For more info, pls email firstname.lastname@example.org )
Needing help to get R out of Honduras. She's the only eye witness to the murder of her mom and 4 brothers over a year ago. Cartel punks are still looking for her. Atlanta uncle has already paid a chunk for her passport which has been in hand for a few days. Working on refugee visa to get her here this summer. Lots of red tape. Needing about 3 grand for lawyer fees in Hondu.
Greg graduates on May 8th. Needs a summer job.
Thankfully, God provided all funds needed in the past two weeks for 'Maria's surgery in Honduras. Hoping it will happen this week. Update: this was done approx. April 15th; she's recovering at home, but there are a few complications.
Major needs now are for Bob's travel expenses in April. Budget needs are about 2,700 dollars. Update: not able to do this.
Also, for our foster daughter Josie in the Philippines who graduated from high school four days ago; no funds yet for college. Update: she'll work a year and then possibly attend junior college.
Needing partners who would like to contribute $50. each for several refugee teens who are graduating from high school here in May. Update: got some.
Family need: Oct. 21, 2014 We found out a few weeks ago that our son has 4 wisdom teeth that should come out soon; this is a difficult situation for us. Anybody wanna buy a tooth!?! The best estimate we have is a minimum of 500 dollars per tooth. UPDATE: PTL that the Lord provided all funds for this in a marvelous way, and the 4 extractions were done on March 12; healing is taking place!
1. We've just begun to raise $4000. for a 65 yr. old woman in Honduras who suffered leg fractures in a July car accident. The pain is severe as she is unable to sit and barely able to stand. She doesn't have any money. She painfully hobbled away from our medical clinic on Wednesday. On Friday, I luxuriously flew away. It's not fair. Can't we help her? Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could raise enough money so she could 'have her leg back' as a Christmas present? What if you and 199 other readers would each give $20. ? Or if you could get some friends to pool $100? 40 groups like that could do it. JAN. 28, 2015 UPDATE: GOD ANSWERED THIS PRAYER. THE SURGEON's fee and all other fees came to about 1500, which we sent two weeks ago; surgery was done, and successful. Ramona now needs prayer for healing from infection.
2. Many refugee families in Clarkston are having a hard time staying warm. We can also use more funds for extra blankets, and heat bills.
3. Having spent last week near San Pedro Sula, we highly recommend anyone who is willing to become a sponsor for teenagers there that would enable them to go to high school. This is totally life-changing. Costs about $500. per student. Please check out GatheringHeartsForHonduras to find out specifics.
We're thankful! God won't break His forever faithfulness on us! Or anybody.
THANKYOU to all who give sacrificially to support these ministries. We truly appreciate your love and encouragement!!!